Grove/Coven Members' Info
• First Degree
• Second Degree
• Third Degree
Requirements for Neophyte
- Spend at least six months as a Dedicant.
- In full, write a Blue Star full moon circle, including a Drawing Down.
- Write a letter or statement expressing your desire to become Initiated and why.
- Demonstrate knowledge of altar set-up and ritual form.
- Execute a circle casting.
- Serve as the priest/ess for a circle.
- For three lunar cycles, study and work with a specific pantheon as determined by your teacher.
- Find the God and Goddess in every man and woman and write about it for at least one lunar cycle.
- Attend at least three other pagan traditions’ rituals for comparison. Help will be provided to connect you with other traditions.
- Complete the following classes and associated homework:
Complete the following required reading:
- Wheel of the Year
- Paths of Power
- Important Wiccan Texts
- Blue Star Hierarchy
- Blue Star History
- The Care and Feeding of Shrines
- Introduction to Mythology
Responsibilities of the Neophyte:
- Responsibilities of the Dedicant
- Complete all Grove and Neophyte assignments as needed.
- Assist in preparing a ritual bath or handbowl.
- Assist in setting up the altar before ritual.
- Provide further assistance to the Handmaiden and Summoner as needed.
- Greet and interact with guests at rituals.
- Check on and work with Grove students as necessary.
- Act as a representative of the coven at public rituals and gatherings as needed.
- Do not attend any other traditions’ rituals without prior discussion with your Initiator(s).
Download Journey to Neophyte Packet