Grove/Coven Members' Info
• First Degree
• Second Degree
• Third Degree
Requirements for First Degree Initiation
- Spend at least six months, preferably a year and a day, as a Neophyte.
- Using a full script form, write and execute a Blue Star sabbat ritual (non-hinge) from set-up to feast, including a double Drawing Down.
- Write a letter or statement expressing your desire to become Initiated and why, incorporating what you have experienced as a neophyte.
- Cultivate a relationship with a patron and/or patroness.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and skill in two Paths of Power.
- Understand and be prepared to respond to a call of need.
- Solve the “snail riddles.”
- Work through the posterns.
- Complete the following classes and associated homework:
Complete the following required reading:
- Tenets of Faith
- Craft and Coven Law
- Craft Philosophy and Ethics
- Craft History
- Ritual Form, part 2
- Developing Relationship with Deity
- All 8 of the Paths of Power classes
- The Elements, Part 1
- The Neophyte Posterns
Responsibilities of Inner Court members:
- Responsibilities of the Dedicant and Neophyte.
- Be available on Circle and class nights to answer questions of Outer Court members and guests.
- Be available for all rituals, classes and emergencies.
- Notify Priest and Priestess if you will be out of touch with the coven for an extended period of time and need notes and/or assignments in advance.
- Be responsible for representing Blue Star at public rituals, gatherings, etc., and conduct yourself accordingly.